Sunday, March 1, 2009

I am reading To Walk the Sky Path by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. In my last reading, the dog was acting strange and Tiger went out in the air boat to see what was happening. He saw sawgrass pollen hanging in the air. Before I read, I predicted that there would be a hurricane. I thought that there might be a bad storm when Tiger saw the saw grass pollen because Indians believe that when sawgrass pollen stays in the air there will be a bad storm. I wondered how the family would survive the storm. Would the hurricane tear their camp up? Where would they go to be safe because they live in a marshy area?

When I read, I found out that they stayed at Billie's school during the storm. I also found out that Billie's family's camp had been destroyed by the hurricane. All the chickees had been washed away and most of their livestock had died in the storm. While I was reading, I had trouble with the word endured. I think it means "go through". I asked my mom, and she said that I was right, or that I could say "tolerated".

At the end of my reading, I discovered that Billie went to Jeff's house for a few days. He thought it was a lot different than the Seminole chickees because they had windows and doors that stayed closed. They had different rooms in one building while the chickees didn't. They were just one big hut, with different huts for different activities.

3 comments:

  1. Great detail Andrew! You are getting pretty good at this! You had a prediction, questions, clarifications, and a little summary. How do you think you would feel if you were Billie and you went to a home that was totally different from yours? If you add in details like that you can boost your grade! I want to see you connecting to the book!

    -Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete
  2. andrew your post is really good and i think that you are gooing to be a good blogger.

    ReplyDelete