Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm reading To Walk the Sky Path by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. Last time I read, Billie was thinking about leaving Jeff's house and going home to help his family rebuild. Will he will really go back to Mush Jim's shack or will Jeff will talk him into staying longer? If I were Billie I would go home because I would miss my family and I'd want to help them out. I predict Billie will go home. Another question I had was, how will Jeff feel if Billie leaves? Will it hurt his feelings? I think Jeff will be unhappy if Billie leaves.

When I read, I found out that Billie did go home. I also discovered that Jeff was not happy that Billie left. When Billie got to Mush Jim's shack, everyone was arguing about where to build the camp. The grandparents wanted to go back to the island. Mush Jim and Tiger wanted to stay near Mush Jim's shack. They decided to build their camp near Mush Jim's shack. Many people volunteered to help build the camp. Billie and Charlie helped with every step so they would know how to do it. Then tourists came while the family was bathing in the water and tried to take their pictures. If I had been Billie's family I would have been embarrassed and upset, just like they were. If I were a tourist, I would be more respectful of people's privacy. When I was reading I had trouble with the word squatter. After I read I asked my mom what it meant and she said it means a person who lives on land that they don't own or rent.

1 comment:

  1. Great connections Andrew! I am glad to see that you read my comments and use them as a suggestion to make your posts better. My only concern with this post is that all of your questions happened before you read. It is great to ask questions before you read and to include them in your blog, but don't forget about the questions you ask while you're reading!

    -Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete