Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am reading The Witches by Roald Dahl. In my last reading the narrator's grandma was telling him how dangerous witches are. She said that witches squelch kids and make them disappear. I wonder what his grandmama will tell him next about witches. Will she tell him about witches she has seen? How do you even know if someone is a witch? I think that in the next chapter the kid's grandmother will continue her story about witches. The reason I think this is because she tells him about witches every night before bed.
When I read, I found out that the grandmama told her grandson all the ways to recognize a witch. First, witches wear gloves because they do not have fingernails. Second, because witches are bald they must wear a wig. Third, witches have big nostrils for smelling kids. Fourth, witches' pupils change colors. Fifth, witches' shoes don't fit well because they don't have toes and their feet are square. Lastly, their spit is blue and they can write with it. I still think his grandmama is making it all up. One of the words I had trouble with was conceal. I read around the word and found out that it meant to hide. I asked my mom and she said that I was right.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    You are going a great job describing, but I need to to add some deep thinking. Ask some FAT questions to get your brain going!

    Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete