Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am reading The Witches by Roald Dahl. In my last reading the narrators' grandmama was telling him how to identify a witch and how dangerous they can be. One of the questions that I hope to answer in my next reading is, will the little boy ever meet a witch? I would not want to meet a witch! What would a witch try to do to him if he met one? I wonder why his grandmama knows so much about witches. Maybe it has to do with her missing thumb. I think that my next reading will be about the kid meeting a witch. I think this because his grandmama told him that he might meet a witch like she did.

When I read I found out that grandmama did not tell her grandson about her missing thumb, but she did tell him about the grand high witch and how she controls every witch. The grandmama and her grandson moved to England, where he had lived before his parents died. I also found out that the little boy did meet a witch that had a snake. He got away from her fast. One of the words I had trouble with was pheasant. I looked at the picture and decided that a pheasant is a type of bird people eat. I asked my mom and she said that I was right.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Andrew! You have been a great blogger over the last few months. I think you have improved a lot and you should be proud of yourself!

    Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete